Mass Updates at St. John’s
- Starting May 11th- Daily Mass (Monday – Friday) will be at 8:15 AM and 5:30 PM
- No Masses will be held on Saturday
- Sunday Mass will continue to be live-streamed on our parish Facebook page at 7:30 AM and replays will be available on Facebook or our parish website. This Mass is closed to the public.
- Starting May 17th – Communion Services will be held on Sundays at 9:00 AM and 12 Noon
- The dispensation from the Sunday and Holy Day obligation remains in place. Please review the diocesan guidelines below for those that are encouraged to stay at home. If you are in a high-risk category we kindly ask that you remain at home until it is safe to gather again.
- Precautions Being Taken at St. John’s:
- Ushers will open the doors
- Sanitizing will take place in between Masses and Communion Services
- Pews will be taped off for spacing
- Masks will be worn by the priests and acolytes. All parishioners are encouraged to also wear masks.
- No books will be in the pews
- No gathering in the vestibule
- No in-person meetings can be held on the parish campus
- Confessions are encouraged and still available by appointment by calling the parish
- Our church sanctuary is open from 9:00 AM to 9:00 PM daily
- The parish office will remain open Monday – Friday from 9:00 AM to 2:00 PM
- These guidelines are subject to change in the event of new instructions from local or state health officials and the Office of the Bishop.
Diocese of Lincoln Guidelines
Here are the guidelines and safety measures for the Diocese of Lincoln during re-opening:
– The dispensation from the Sunday and Holy Day obligation remains in place.
– Gatherings are limited to the Sacred Liturgy, so all forms of public liturgies in churches are permitted.
– All other parish and school activities remain restricted, including after-Mass gatherings such as coffee and rolls, funeral luncheons, wedding receptions, etc. The Bishop has restricted outdoor Mass.
The following are encouraged to stay at home:
– The sick
– The elderly
– People with underlying medical conditions
– Family members who live with elderly people or those who are at risk
– People who have access to those at risk in nursing institutions
– People who have upper respiratory or flu like symptoms
– People who live with someone with upper respiratory or flu like symptoms
– People with COVID-19 or live with someone with COVID-19
– People who have been exposed to someone with COVID-19
Requested “Containment Practices” for those attending Mass:
– Family members sit together
– Sit in every other pew
– Cough in your sleeve
– Place your contribution envelope in the basket provided as you enter or exit the church. The ushers will not “take up the collection” during Mass
– No hand holding during the Our Father
– Sign of Peace is omitted
– Form a single file line with 6-foot intervals when processing forward to receive Holy Communion
– Follow the instructions of the ushers
– Avoid gathering in the vestibule or near the doors of the church following Mass
– If requested, assist with sanitizing the church and other public areas following Mass
– Attend Mass in your home parish